“Learn and Grow Together” is our school motto. Staff embed it and inspire student growth in the academic, physical, artistic and social domains. Our school has a strong focus on providing students with the knowledge, skills and values to create citizens for the future.
We are a school that always welcomes new students, however due to the high demand for places at the school the Department of Education has designated Winthrop as a local intake area school and priority of enrolment is given to children who reside within the boundaries of this school. Cross boundary admission will only occur if there are places available.
All children of compulsory school age must be enrolled in school and attend every day – this is the law. In Western Australia, children can start their education in Kindergarten, however compulsory schooling starts the following year in Pre Primary.
Forms for Kindergarten and Pre Primary to Year 6 are included on this page. The Information Booklet is also included. Click on the link at the bottom of the page. Our school boundaries (boundary map) are:-
· Leach Highway (odd numbers)
· North Lake Road
· Somerville Boulevard
· Prescott Drive
· South Street
· Murdoch Drive
· your child’s birth certificate (original or certified copy).
· your child’s immunisation records from the Australian Immunisation Register (1800 653 809), dated within two months of the application submission.
· proof of your child’s usual place of residence eg. a lease agreement of at least six months or proof of ownership of a property such as gas, water, or electrical account. A Statutory Declaration will be required if living with a relative.
· copies of Family Court or other court orders (if applicable).
· visa details (if applicable).
If you wish to use the electronic version of the Application for Enrolment form, please click on the link below to download it to fill it in.
You will then need to save the document and email it to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org with all supporting documentation.
Students who were born overseas must be naturalised Australians or hold an appropriate visa before enrolling at the school. For overseas students who are in Australia using an entry visa it is necessary that we sight the passport of the parent – primary visa holder – and student at this time.
If your child is a temporary visa holder;
Parent of students with special needs should discuss adjustments that will be necessary in the classroom and playground, at enrolment, to allow us to best accommodate their child and provide for a smooth transition to their new school.
Parent consent will be required for the Third Party Online Services Account Permission. This will be sent to you via email to be completed after enrolment has been accepted.